How Video Contests Benefit Your Brand
Branded video contests take signficant thought and effort. Yet, when properly managed, that effort can often prove to be worthwhile in the form of cost-effective content production, increased brand awareness and increased brand engagement.
Is your team thinking about launching a video contest for your brand, company or product? Listed below are just a few benefits that video contest marketing can offer:
1. Quantity of Creative Content
– Successful video contests can result in hundreds of on-brand submissions that can be integrated into your marketing and advertising efforts. There is a growing online videomaking community
of professional, semi-professional, and aspiring filmmakers who seek out and participate in these contest opportunities on a regular basis. When video contests are promoted according to best practices, they can receive not only a wealth of engaging content, but also quality content that's can be ready for broadcast.
2. Social Sharing – Members of Zooppa's community and videomaking platform generally promote their submitted work to their social networks. To extend the reach of this content on social channels, some companies incentivize content sharing, whereby users can enter to win an additional sharing prize when they post the video contest link or contest entries to their Facebook and Twitter accounts (contact us to learn how Zooppa can integrate this feature into your campaign). In turn, this sharing exposes your brand to a broader audience through online word of mouth. Of course, as the host of the contest, you'll also want to seed and optimize your best contest entries on your company's own social media properties like Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Pinterest.
3. Deeper Engagement – A video contest is a great way for your company to engage in the conversation that's already taking place around your brand. By inviting community members to own a piece of your brand's message or tell your brand's story in their own compelling way, you stand to identify your bigggest advocates and develop a deeper relationship with them.
4. Creative Insight – Every submission to your video contest offers a glimpse into how your fans and consumers are creatively interpreting your brand. Combined, video contest results offer valuable feedback on your brand that can help you strengthen your creative positioning in future advertising campaigns. For example, if members of your community produce videos that highlight specific aspects of your brand that you were unaware of, the contest gives you an opportunity to respond.
A branded video contest can be a powerful, yet challenging, addition to your marketing mix. As long as you're following best practices and avoiding what NOT to do when staging a video contest, your team stands to benefit from video content produced at a much lower cost than traditional methods while simultaneously gaining insight into how your brand is perceived by consumers.
Want to learn more? Download our white paper to learn "10 Tips for Running a Video Contest for Your Brand".